No Time to Dance A Jig

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


 Yesterday's post got me to thinking. You can read it here and catch up for this discussion. Jesus underwent a great deal of stress in the Garden of Gethsemane. He asked if a Plan B could be implemented because the task ahead of Him was going to be the death of Him...and it would be a slow and agonizing death.

I thought about Him.

I thought about His plea...if it's possible...please let this cup pass from me. He knew bringing about salvation was not going to be easy. He was about to pay for the sins of mankind. The punishment that was rightfully yours and mine; He took and at first He struggled.

I thought about Him and the moment He said...not my will...but your will be done. I know that feeling when you accept what must be done and set your mind to just do it knowing it will probably be the most difficult thing you ever do in your life.

After He aligned His will to the Father's and began to act out the redemptive plan...you didn't hear much from Him. The prophet Isaiah said:
He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.
Which brings me to this point. Jesus didn't dance a jig to Calvary. He didn't turn around to the Roman soldiers flogging him and say praise the Lord, I'm paying the price for your salvation! He didn't cry out hallelujah they just pierced me in the side. Instead He cried out from the cross...My God...why have you forsaken me?


It was because of the joy set before Him, He endured the cross, was despised and shamed. Where was the joy? On the other side.

Why then do we harass people clearly going through a night season to praise their way out? There is no shabach that will hurry you through the process; Jesus had to go through all of it. I offer that our act of obedience becomes our worship and our surrender speaks of a heart that adores God and puts Him first.

The bible tells us that there is a time for everything. There's a time to weep and a time to laugh. There's even a time to mourn and a time to dance.

You have to let people go through their night season and we all know...weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning. You can't force daybreak. It comes at the appointed time. Just remember to show grace and not condemn those who may come to your church and not turn over the pews when the praise is in high gear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP