How much is too much?

Monday, May 11, 2009

A recent blog entitled Don't Do It inspired a lot of online and offline conversation. The blog tells the story of an email marketing campaign gone horribly wrong because of the illegal practice of email harvesting. As a result we learned a lesson about SPAM and how to conduct email marketing campaigns legally.

That lead to more marketing questions such as, "How much is too much?" And "How often should I send out my ministry's email?"

I have signed up for three ministry newsletters; the rest I classify as spam.

Anita Carmen of Inspire Women sends out her newsletter once a week and I look forward to it every Monday. Her newsletters bless me and the once a week frequency works for me. On the other hand, I recently canceled an email subscription because the frequency of the emails were too much. Sometimes there were two and three in a day. That was information overload and I unsubscribed

So personally, how often do you want to hear from ministries/organizations and businesses? You can respond to the poll on my blog.

Once the poll is closed I'll report back to you. This information can be used as a barometer when conducting your own email campaigns. It won't be a scientific poll and there are lots more questions to be asked but the results of this simple poll can help you gauge your email frequency.

Thank you in advance for your participation and the information gathered will help us all in our ministry promotions.

God Bless!

Pastor Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP