Some words leave a bad taste in your mouth

Sunday, June 28, 2009

For some in leadership, nothing causes an immediate knee-jerk reaction quite like bringing up the subject of spiritual covering. I have heard the many reasons why one should submit to a covering and then I have also heard from the wounded as to why one should not even bother. Some organizations unfortunately do little to spiritually cover yet have no problem cashing members’ monthly contribution. These wounded ones complain that there is no support through prayer, no personal interaction, no wisdom being dispensed, and flesh runs a muck at convocations across the country. Stories of control and manipulation are often shared and worn as badges of honor. And certainly not helping the spiritual pandemic is the rising number of high profile moral failures among those dubbed spiritual mothers and fathers. It is enough to send the newly called running declaring, “God cover me!” I should know. I was one of them.

Will you allow me to share what Holy Spirit revealed to me? In the book of 1 Corinthians chapter 12 Paul speaks of Holy Spirit giving gifts to men in order to perfect the church. So yes, your gift came from on High. The gift, calling and the power you pack are indeed real. But it takes the impartation from spiritual parents to establish you. Paul says in Romans 1:11, “For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established.” The Greek word used here for established is sterizo which means to make stable, place firmly, set fast, fix. It also means to strengthen, make firm or to render constant, confirm. Beloved you cannot establish yourself; that work is done by spiritual mothers and fathers, spiritual coverings.

For some leaders, the hurt inflicted runs deep and their refusal to submit to leadership can turn into rebellion. They cannot take correction, they believe they do not have to be accountable to anyone but God and often find themselves leading a group of people much like themselves – rebellious and stiff-necked! They are not rearing true spiritual sons and daughters because they themselves have not submitted to sonship.

In these last times, spiritual parents are being restored to the body of Christ. Apostolic men and women who may not have all the answers but are willing to get in the trenches with you and are willing to give of themselves are being called to the front lines. This covering will not look like anything you have seen or experienced in the past. It is truly a God-thing and it will bless your life and your ministry.

Man and woman of God, I urge you to seek the Father in regard to your spiritual covering in this season of decreed restoration. I know He is faithful to direct you. Then I pray that the spirit of a son overtake you and your heart be made ready to receive this good thing, this God-thing into your life. I pray that you would allow Holy Spirit to heal your hurt places and that oil and wine be poured out upon you. I pray that the hurt and disappointments of the past be made whole. In allowing Holy Spirit to do so, you allow yourself to become established and then you can at last birth true sons and daughters into the Kingdom. I promise what God is doing will bless you. It truly is a good thing.

Many blessings,

Pastor Lisa

6 comments:

Raye Jackson, Kingdom Keys,  June 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

Bless you Pastor Lisa...so powerful...so needful

Rehoboth June 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Now Pastor, you are going to make me shout! I wish you could get on every Christian Network and bless the "Body of Christ". Finally, I feel like I found a friend, a witness, and another ministerial colleague who understand the "words that left a bad taste in my mouth" and often times felt angry that many used that position to gain power and control. God will clean house in a few days. Amen

Melissa Sutton June 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Pastor Lisa this is an awesome write up and need to be read by many. I can definately relate to this! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous,  June 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

AMEN! How can we expect people to submit to us if we are not submitted. THANK YOU FOR THIS TIMELY ARTICLE!

Pastor Lisa June 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Thank you for your comments! Seriously, it is my prayer for those wounded leaders to be healed and experience the blessing of covenant relationships. I promise they refresh the soul!

Until then, they should continue in the work God gave their hands to do and put this on the top of their prayer list.

Praying for healing for the Body of Christ.

Pastor Lisa

Anonymous,  July 20, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Pastor Lisa- this is sooooo powerful!! Thank you for sharing. Right now the Father has my husband and I dealing with leadership. This has been a hot subject for the leaders.

Good Bless You...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP